If you are a mother who breast-feeds, you know that there are great advantages to breast-feeding your child. It provides much-needed nutrients and antibodies to your baby, and allows you to bond with your precious child. Unfortunately, however, breast-feeding can also cause dryness, engorgement, soreness, swelling, and plugged milk ducts.
If you experience breast tenderness caused by blocked ducts, a heat pack can alleviate pain. For increased benefits, combine gentle massage and heat therapy. A heat pack and gentle massage will soften your breasts before feeding, so your baby has an easier time latching on.
An ice pack has the power to ease aches due to breast engorgement or sore nipples. You can choose to alternate hot and cold therapy to reduce mild symptoms, such as hard and painful breasts, due to engorgement. A cold pack can work wonders if you suffer from soreness and swelling.
The THERA°PEARL Breast Therapy Pack contains pea-sized pearls filled with soft gel. When the pearls are frozen, they remain flexible so that the pack easily conforms to your breast. The gel-filled pearls can also be microwaved for 15 seconds. Once heated, you receive 20 minutes of consistent heat. If you experience swollen, painful lymph nodes in your armpits due to breast engorgement, the THERA°PEARL Round “Pearl” Pack can be used in the same way as the Breast Pack.
After long hours of work sitting at our desks, staring at a computer screen, and long sleepless nights our eyes become dry and irritated. We have some suggestions on how to make those tired eyes look fresh and revived before you head into work.
1. Supportive Pillow. Use a pillow that keeps your head slightly elevated during the night. This keeps fluids from being stored near the eyes, and may help reduce puffy eyes in the morning.
2. Humidifier. Sleeping in a dry room will show in your eyes the next morning! The moist air will help prevent dry and itchy eyes while you are sleeping.
3. Sleep. Sleeping 7-8 hours a night not only recovers your body from a long days work, but it also recovers your eyes!
4. Eye Drops. Drops give your eyes a refreshed dewy look.
5. Eye Creams. Creams with retinol improve fine lines around the eye, while creams with vitamin K will help lighten the dark circles for the night with little sleep.
6. THERA°PEARL Eye Mask. The mask can be used cold or hot. Cold relieves dry, puffy eyes and those wicked sinus headaches. It takes the sting out of a brow wax and reduces swelling after a cosmetic procedure. Heat helps to reduce nasal congestion and relieves soreness once the swelling is gone.
Your tendon is the fibrous structure that connects a muscle to a bone. A tendon experiencing tendonitis is inflamed, irritated, and swollen. You may feel pain and sensitivity near your joint. You may also experience increased pain during the night, or during times when you move the affected joint. Tendonitis is most common in the tendons of the elbows, heels, shoulders, and wrists. Golfer’s elbow, jumper’s knee, pitcher’s shoulder, swimmer’s shoulder, and tennis elbow are all common types of tendonitis.
Thermotherapy can be helpful if you have an overuse injury that is causing an ongoing ache. A pliable heat pack can ease your pain and improve your flexibility.
Cryotherapy is recommended when your injury is new, or when your pain is very bothersome. A cold pack filled with flexible gel pearls is a great alternative to using ice because the gel won’t feel hard against your delicate skin. A cold pack can decrease your pain by desensitizing the affected joint. A cold pack is also a natural way to help swelling to subside quickly.
THERA°PEARL has several hot and cold packs filled with gel pearls that can relieve your symptoms. To target pain or swelling in your knee, try the THERA°PEARL Knee Wrap. If you have sore or swollen shoulders, the THERA°PEARL Neck Wrap will stay in place as it decreases pain and swelling. The THERA°PEARL Contour Pack has adjustable straps that make it easy to place on your elbows, knees, wrists, and heels.
Are you a die-hard Cheesehead? A citizen of Steeler Nation? Do you Bear Down every Sunday? THERA°PEARL is giving away 2 tickets to a regular season NFL game of your choosing!
Enter on Facebook for your chance to see your favorite team hit the gridiron!
Giveaway ends September 30. Winner will be chosen at random. Click here for full giveaway terms & conditions.